What is Hosted Telephony?
Hosted telephony, also called cloud based VOIP, hosted VoIP or hosted PBX, is an ideal solution for small businesses as well as larger organisations with branch offices and homeworkers. Instead of installing a physical PBX system at each office, all telephony switching equipment is hosted in the cloud at our secure, UK based, data centres.
How does Hosted Telephony work?
With a Britannic hosted VOIP solution all calls into and out of the service pass through our own carrier grade SIP trunking exchange, netX, which links directly into BT's public telephone network. The IP link will typically be a business grade DSL connection which is linked via a private network, thereby not suffering from the quality and congestion issues associated with the public internet.
This strategy is particularly effective to incorporate branch offices into a single telephony platform without any need for local hardware, delivering voice services over standard DSL or Ethernet connections. New offices can be easily added via predefined templates, enabling organic growth, or enabling a merger and acquisition strategy. Centralising telephony means services can be enabled to the edge without new telephone hardware
The business benefits of Hosted Telephony
- Reduced costs – compared with traditional telephony solutions Hosted VOIP could save you as much as 50 – 70% overall. You can save on capital and call costs by eliminating the need for a PBX and because calls between employees within your voice network are free.
- No upfront budget required – hosted telephony is provided as a cost per user per month at point of entry.
- Flexibility - we can scale services up and down to meet evolving business requirements.
- Business continuity – all of the intelligence and call handling is stored in a highly resilient and available UK data centre environment, which is fully managed and redundant.
- Simple setup and manageability - hosted telephony is fully monitored, managed and kept up to date. No need for internal IT resource for support and management.
- Comprehensive feature set – including innovative call routing which can complement your existing business telephony.
- Licenses are managed and deployed centrally - and allocated across the network as required.
What’s next for your business?
One size does not fit all. We understand that whether you want an on premise PBX, virtualised business phone system, data centre solution or a cloud/hosted solution; making the move can be complicated. We sit down with you to get a full understanding of your business requirements and work together to roadmap your journey to a cloud model. Britannic’s technology makes it possible for you to take the best of all the telephony models and distribute your solutions in the way that ensures you deliver IT services to users quickly, securely and with the highest availability and performance.