Britannic Technologies Limited are registered in England and Wales under company number 2097097 with our registered office at Britannic House, Merrow Business Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU4 7WA. Our VAT number is 529 1677 22.
Britannic Technologies is committed to processing personal information about its customers in ways that comply with its legal and regulatory obligations under the current Data Protection Act and new General Data Protection Regulation, and to being clear with customers about what it does with their personal information.
This Policy explains how we use any personal information we may collect about you when you use our website or connect with us via Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube; or when you use or are a recipient of our services.
Personal Information that Britannic Technologies may collect
Britannic Technologies may collect personal information which we receive when:
- you use our website
- you use our social media sites Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube
- you register for any of our seminars
- you register for our Annual Convergence Summit
- you engage with us at a third party event, such as an exhibition or conference
- you use our services or products
- you contact us
This may include information which you provide when you:
- sign a contract with us
- place an order with us
- complete one of our forms
- enter information on Britannic Technologies’ website
- contact Britannic Technologies directly
- in writing
- by phone (which is recorded via call recording service provided by Britannic Technologies)
We may collect the following types of information:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you subscribe to
- your company’s name, your position in the company, the company’s address, company website and telephone number
- your payment information such as bank name, bank account number, sort code
- information collected through your use of Britannic Technologies website
- your username and password to access Britannic's Czone customer protal
- details of any enquiry or complaint you make to Britannic Technologies
Who sees the personal information that Britannic Technologies holds
Customers’ personal information may be provided to:
Britannic Technologies employees to fulfil orders that you or your Company have placed with us and ongoing customer care.
Selected third parties
- where services are provided together with a business partner and it is necessary to disclose the information to them in order to provide the services (e.g. to enable the provision of 3rd party services which form a part of BTL solution)
- where customers have indicated they wish to receive information about products, services or promotions that may be of interest to them
- for the prevention of toll fraud against Britannic Technologies, third parties and customers
- for the purposes of identity verification
- to prevent money laundering
Other third parties (including the police, law enforcement agencies, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other bodies) to protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety e.g.
- to exchange information to protect against toll fraud and to reduce payment risks
- in connection with the prevention and detection of crime
Disclosures of personal information required by law
Britannic Technologies may be required to disclose certain personal information because it is required by law or for the purposes of legal proceedings.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies.
Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking credit details on new suppliers and new customers applications
- Managing payment accounts or direct debit set ups
- Recovering debt
Please see below for details of how to contact us if you wish to access your personal information.
Transfers of personal information outside of the UK
Britannic Technologies may need to transfer personal information about customers to third parties located outside the UK in order to provide its services or products. If we do, we will ensure that information is protected to a level which meets the requirements of UK law.
If we need to transfer your information outside the UK for uses other than to fulfil orders that you or your Company have placed with us, we will first obtain your consent and ensure that such transfer is carried out in accordance with all applicable UK legal requirements for protection and the security of data.
Keeping personal information secure
Britannic Technologies is committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost. We operate a strict Data Protection Policy and 3rd Party Information Security Compliance Policy to ensure that personal information held by Britannic Technologies is processed and stored in a manner that meets obligations of data integrity, confidentiality and availability.
How long we keep personal information
Britannic Technologies will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as it needs it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation. When we destroy or delete any of your personal information that we hold either electronically or on paper, we ensure that it is done in accordance with our Secure Data Destruction Policy, as required under the current Data Protection Act, new General Data Protection Regulation and ISO 27001:2013.
Keeping personal information accurate
Britannic Technologies will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, Britannic Technologies relies on customers to ensure that some of the information it holds about them is accurate and up-to-date. We encourage customers to inform Britannic Technologies of any changes to their information by i.e. contacting their Account Manager or BTL Customer Services or by logging to their CZone account to update their information.
Access to personal information
- Information provided through btlnet.co.uk
You can request to see, amend or delete the information you have provided to us through the registration process on our website, including any consent you have provided to receive communications from BTL. To do so please contact us at GDPR@btlnet.co.uk or see ‘How to contact us’.
- Information provided through completing one of our feedback forms
You can request to see, amend or delete the information you have provided to us through the registration process on our website, including any consent you have provided to receive communications from BTL. To do so please email us at GDPR@btlnet.co.uk or see ‘How to contact us’.
- Information provided to enable provision of services
In order to keep the information up-to-date and accurate Britannic Technologies provides their customers with access to their personal information and the opportunity to amend and update their details or preferences via contacting their Account Manager or BTL Customer Services or by logging to their CZone account to update their information.
- Requesting a copy of your information
You can request a copy of details of personal information Britannic Technologies holds about you, including on our website database. To do so please email us at GDPR@btlnet.co.uk or see 'How to contact us'.
Requests must be made in writing and a proof of identification is required in order to protect your information. We also require sufficient details to be able to locate your information. For example: dates and details of the websites, products or services that you have used. An optional application form may be provided to assist us in locating the information you require.
Britannic Technologies specialises in voice communications, contact centre systems, systems integration, network services and managed services to private and public organisations across the UK.
Britannic Technologies communicates with its customers/prospects on the basis of legitimate interest. It communicates via phone, email, SMS and LinkedIn messaging, with people whose job roles designate an interest in communications technology.
Britannic communicates its products and services from time to time to appropriate audiences, including but not limited to product updates, relevant events, information about complementary products and services.
Change your marketing preferences
You can change marketing preferences at any time via the following link: https://www.btlnet.co.uk/opt-in/become-a-britannic-insider
If your information has been passed to third parties you may need to contact them if you change your mind in relation to their continued use of your information.
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer and is stored on your hard drive.
Lead Forensics Policy
Links to other websites
Britannic Technologies websites may include links to other sites. We will make every effort to provide links to high quality, reputable sites but are not responsible for their privacy practices, site content, or the services they offer.
How to contact us
For requests, complaints or queries relating to the use of your personal information please contact us at GDPR@btlnet.co.uk or call us on 01483 242526.